Recipe for Easy Chimichurri Sauce
with garlic and onion
It’s time to give your teriyaki, buffalo or bbq sauce the night off. In just 5 minutes, you can prep a flavor-dripping, easy Chimichurri Sauce with garlic and onion and cilantro.
I wish more people knew how easy it is to make salad dressings at home.
Let’s face it, standard refrigerator hogging condiments get boring night after night. I’m here to help you fight weeknight boredom with this easy chimichurri sauce. With garlic and onion and cilantro to the rescue, you’ll want this recipe in your back pocket to prevent a boring chicken, salad, or slow cooker dinner routine.
When made in large batches, this sauce is like the giving tree. I always freeze leftover chimichurri sauce so it’s available to toss in the slow cooker or in a veggie skillet when I’m in a dinner pinch.
How to make an easy chimichurri sauce from scratch
It takes just 5 minutes to whip up this easy chimichurri sauce. With a trial or two, you’ll be able to coordinate making the dressing while your chicken, steak or vegetables cook. Utilize a food processor to toss all the non-liquid ingredients together and pulse the mixture into small pieces (don’t puree!). Mix in olive oil, red wine vinegar, seasonings and S+P for a short and sweet food processor party and stick it in the fridge until serving.
Dinner recipes with this easy chimichurri sauce
I have yet to find a dish that doesn’t become more delicious with this chimichurri recipe, but my favorite way to utilize this flavor party is on grilled chicken or flank steak for dinner. I’ve also enjoyed this chimi recipe in vegan or vegetarian dishes like brussels sprouts and carrots with chimichurri sauce. In fact, there’s a laundry list of opportunities to add this chimichurri sauce to future meals…
It’s like the giving tree of sauces…
Here are just a few creative recipe ideas for Chimichurri Sauce
- Freeze leftover Chimichurri Sauce in ice cube trays. Add Chimichurri cubes to rice bowls or veggie skillets on nights you don’t want to run to the store.
- Try a new sandwich spread by mixing chimichurri sauce with mayo.
- Use second-day sauce as a grilled chicken or beef kabob marinade.
- Don’t forget about breakfast! Add sauce to an egg scramble.
- Slow cooking fans: make spicy pulled beef or pork for tacos with the leftover chimi sauce. Just add frozen jalapeños, frozen chimichurri cubes + 1″ of broth to meat in a crock pot.
Looking for more recipes to dazzle with chimichurri sauce?
If you love the idea of making an easy Chimichurri Sauce at home, but need recipe inspiration to help you give it a try, here are links for you:
- Grilled Steak Tacos with Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce from Feasting At Home.
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce is a restaurant-quality dish from The Woks of Life.
- Roasted Cauliflower Chimichurri via Root + Revel uses this sauce in a vegetarian dish.
- My cilantro and lime recipes on Pinterest has a plethora of creative recipe ideas to help you.