From birthdays, to Christmas holiday cookie swaps, to diet cheat days, this gooey recipe can be made on the fly with staple pantry ingredients. It’s a top-quality homemade brownie recipe that will make you forget boxed mixes exist. These brownies are surprisingly fudgy with no oil or milk. Instead, premium Ghiradelli chocolate chips melted into the batter create chewy fudge brownies you can pull off at home.
Channeling Ghirardelli Square in SF
These fudgy brownies remind of my San Francisco office days when I worked off busy Market Street, close to the Ghirardelli Ice Cream Shop. The shop workers passed out dark chocolate caramel Ghiradelli bites to people passing by. I often passed by.
I’d snag a Ghirardelli chocolate as I ran across the street to catch the train, sticking the candy into my bag so I could find my MUNI train card. I’d always find the candy days later out of the blue. The feeling was about as great as finding cash in your recently washed jeans.
In honor of my time in SF, I chose to pack these fudgy brownies with Ghirardelli chocolate chips. Using really good chocolate takes the gooeyness up a notch, so I’d plan on grabbing chocolate chips worthy of a gourmet dessert.
To help you successfully pull off at-home fudge brownies (and avoid baking mishaps along the way) here are a few brownie pointers:
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper so you can eat the chewy brownie corners (instead of getting a workout in as you try to pry them from your bakeware)
- Don’t add eggs to the melted butter until the butter is near room temperature (unless, of course, you’re in the mood for sugary scrambled eggs)
- Opt for good ingredients, like premium Ghirardelli chocolate
- Don’t bake these brownies for longer than 30 minutes – they may not seem done, but they will keep baking once pulled from the oven
Pin for later > (this is one of my most popular dessert pins!)
Creative ways to GARNISH BROWNIES
Cupcakes aren’t the only dessert that can carry a fun garnish. Make these brownies stand out on the dessert table with a memorable topping:
- Fresh berries like strawberries or raspberries
- Cream cheese frosting with a sprinkle of fresh chopped mint
- Cooked bacon crumbles (with maple drizzle??)