How TO SHELLAC MANICURE AT HOME
At-home shellac on your own schedule
My hands have gained attention through my creative tutorials so I’m excited to teach you how to get the look, too. I love making tutorials for you, so you’re never obligated to click any affiliate links, like the ones in the links below. Thanks in advance if you do make a purchase, but you’re always welcome to just browse.
The 4 supplies You Need to shellac manicure yourself (at home)
- 70% Alcohol + cotton balls
- UV light + (optional) UV protecting gloves
- CND shellac base coat + top coat
- Colors to get started. Here’s my regular lineup of colors…
3 white-wash (light purplish color)
5 deep red
6 soft pink
Shellac manicure tips + FAQ
- 1 application lasts me around 2-3 weeks
- Within a handful of applications, the at home shellac kit can pay for itself
- CND shellac was a CLEAR winner after experiments with multiple long-lasting nail systems
- Start with a couple of your favorite colors + 1 top coat + 1 base coat
- Get ideas for choosing CND shellac nail colors
Get supplies to DIY your own shellac manicure
After you check out the list of shellac nail polish tools needed to do manicures at home, you’ll see why it was a no brainer for me to figure out the process + start painting my own shellac nails, whenever I want. Now the money I save on at home manicures goes towards a vacation splurge fund. (instead of weekly manicures). I hope you enjoy doing your own DIY shellac manicure at home, too. It’s as easy as it looks and makes life easier with less chipping.
Remember: chips are for potatoes.